Radicale 0.8 is out!
- New authentication and rights management modules (by Matthias Jordan)
- Experimental database storage
- Command-line option for custom configuration file (by Mark Adams)
- Root URL not at the root of a domain (by Clint Adams, Fabrice Bellet, Vincent Untz)
- Improved support for iCal, CalDAVSync, CardDAVSync, CalDavZAP and CardDavMATE
- Empty PROPFIND requests handled (by Christoph Polcin)
- Colon allowed in passwords
- Configurable realm message
This version brings some of the biggest changes since Radicale's creation, including an experimental support of database storage, clean authentication modules, and rights management finally designed for real users.
So, dear user, be careful: this version changes important things in the configuration file, so check twice that everything is OK when you update to 0.8, or you can have big problems.
More and more clients are supported, as a lot of bug fixes and features have been added for this purpose. And before you ask: yes, 2 web-based clients, CalDavZAP and CardDavMATE, are now supported!
Even if there has been a lot of time to test these new features, I am pretty sure that some really annoying bugs have been left in this version. We will probably release minor versions with bugfixes during the next weeks, and it will not take one more year to reach 0.8.1.
The documentation has been updated, but some parts are missing and some may be out of date. You can report bugs or even write documentation directly on GitHub if you find something strange (and you probably will).
If anything is not clear, or if the way rights work is a bit complicated to understand, or if you are so happy because everything works so well, you can share your thoughts!
It has been a real pleasure to work on this version, with brilliant ideas and interesting bug reports from the community. I'd really like to thank all the people reporting bugs, chatting on IRC, sending mails and proposing pull requests: you are awesome.